- Obama’s Inauguration
- Office Cruise
- First exercise obsession (Bikram)
- First hosted keg party
- First time planning, decorating, and executing a party for someone
- First time helping a friend move
- Sprained foot
- Leonard Cohen
- Wilco, Conor Oberst
- First apartment on my own/lease in my name
- Going out on a limb, taking a chance, and succeeding
- Big wedding in the city
- First time seeing a dead body/First time crying at work
- Water heater disaster
- First time fighting with landlords (and losing, but not giving up)
- First time thinking and planning like an adult
- First insurance battle (see: sprained foot)
- Abandonment of NaNoWriMo (15,000 words in)
- First Thanksgiving home in a long time
- Mountain Goats and Final Fantasy
- Home again for Christmas
- And in the last days of 2009, first bonus, promotion, and raise
Mostly a good year. A lot of growing up happened in 2009. I’m happy to be through it and that I came out on top.
If one end of it
is the best thing you ever did
and the other end
is the worst
how much of your life
will end up dead center
and what will it take
I guess his poems are supposed to be sort of jokey (at least some of them are), but I really like this one. Sort of a goal for the new year, I guess, is to be less average and more interesting.
- wired alchemy: my phone's autocorrect
- wired alchemy: makes texting confusing sometimes
- wired alchemy: it turns "tampa" into "rampage"
- wired alchemy: and "fyi" into "dying"
- wired alchemy: i tried to say, "fyi, I'm going to tampa"
- wired alchemy: instead
- wired alchemy: "dying, I'm going to rampage"